Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some Travel Sewing

In preparation for our families trip to Maui, I have been busy sewing a few things.  I guess you could say the excitement of our upcoming holiday has me taking a break from home decor.



1. A wallet for my son using noodlehead's great tutorial.  Made entirely from fabric and notion scraps. I added a change pocket to his.
2. A messanger bag for my daughter inspired by Gingercake's.  Again using fabric scraps.
3. A dress for my daughter using i candy handmade's tutorial.  An old tank top and clearance bin fabric.
4. A bolero for my daughter inspired by Heidi and Finn's Bolero Pattern. Remade from an old sweater of mine.
5. A carry-on bag inspired by this Bench Sports Bag.  It is the perfect carry-on size for packing my kids clothes.  Made entirely from left-over suiting material and 2 old bags. 
6. A sweater coat for myself inspired by a Pusch sweater my sister owns. 2.5 meters of clearance bin jogging fleece.

Am I done?  Depends how much more I can squeeze into the next 2 weeks.  I hope to remake an old skirt into a sundress, and some little pods for all our ear phones to keep them tangle free.  Also possibly remake a couple of t-shirts. 

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing. What a lot of sewing and such cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection! Your sweater is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm going to have to check out the tutorials you used!!! have fun,
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete