Monday, January 2, 2012

Lending a Hand

My in-laws are in the midst of building a new ten resident seniors care home.  Things are running a bit behind schedule in construction and they are anxious to get into operation mode so they asked if we would come help complete a few projects over the holidays to help speed things along.  We headed out to Regina for a week and 4 1/2 of those days my husband and I worked at the care home while grandma had some bonding time with her grandkids.

Here is just a few quick photos of the things we completed in those 4.5 days.  (You'll have to excuse the iphone photos.)


This one is my favorite of the work we completed.  On either side of the front entry is a closet.  On the right side of the door we created a welcome bench in the closet opening for the seniors to sit down and remove their shoes, or wait for their ride.  We were given free reign on this one so my husband and I created this design.


Next up was the fireplace.  Because of time constraints a lot of fireplace surround options were out of the question.  We decided to bring this flexxstone product with us from Calgary as an option as we have used this product in our own home and have loved the results and the install is fast and easy.  It is a real stone veneer.


And last but not least we installed the kitchen backsplash tile. 

 It was a little unnerving when we first arrived working amongst all the contractors but we bluffed our way through and I don't think anyone could tell the difference between our DIY work and the trained professionals.


FYI - My Timber and Chrome Console Table is being featured on Remodelaholic sometime this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog (and leaving such a kind comment). I love the bench you designed. It is so elegant but also fun and youthful. I think the residents will appreciate such stylish features :)

    ReplyDelete