Thursday, March 17, 2011

Make your own designer fabric!

I couldn't find quite the right fabric I had in mind from my fabric stash for some new throw pillows so I set out to create my own.  It couldn't have been easier.  I started out with some creamy white canvas fabric, a ruler, and a cd writing permanent marker.  Why the CD writing marker - because their claim is that they don't smudge on cd's.  Guess what - it didn't smudge or run on the fabric either.


I then started drawing some random straight lines.


And continued to draw more random lines.


And more until I had covered my whole piece of fabric with lines.
Voila - designer fabric by Marci.


I then used the fabric to sew these great pillows.


Can you see where I am going with this couch?


Except instead of the large dot pillows I am thinking of something more like this....
hmmm.....


2 comments:

  1. Very fun!! I am in the middle of a little Chevron obsession. So of course I love that chevron pillow :)

    Good luck with your blog. It's beautiful!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I love new blogs and look forward to following. Love the line fabric, such a great and simple fabric design!
    Danika

    ReplyDelete